||Elmhurst, IL 60126
||June 05, 2023
||Contract To Hire
|Scion Staffing has been engaged to conduct an immediate search for an Accounting Assistant on behalf a national demolition and environmental remediation firm! This is a wonderful contract to hire opportunity in Elmhurst, IL.
- Immediate hire opportunity
- Full time, Monday-Friday, work schedule
- Hourly pay rate of $30-40/hr., dependent on experience, plus incredible benefits upon conversion
- Prepare & submit applications for company / contractor licenses & certifications designated by Commercial Managers
- Assist estimators in assessment of license requirements
- Enter Requisition & Release for business license & certification fees
- Enter Proof of Delivery & Voucher prior to submitting application for business license & certification
- Submit checks for application fees as required to accompany business license & certification applications
- Secure renewal business licenses & certifications
- Maintain historical business license & certification records
- Maintain schedule of required renewals for each business license & certification
- Enter new Subcontractor/Vendor certificates of insurance in SharePoint at time of receipt
- Monitor, obtain renewal certificates of insurance, and enter in SharePoint prior to expiration to ensure there is no lapse in coverage
- Adjust vouchers to match vendor invoice billing dates
- Enter and scan cash receipts related to accounts receivable
- Allocate cash receipts to individual invoices
- Notify Senior Leadership of any significant differences between amount invoiced and amount paid through cash allocation “notes” on cash allocation entry screens
- Enter and scan other cash receipts through journal entry
- Maintain Database application for state Registered Agents, Corporate Identification Numbers, all state licenses, and tax registration numbers (Corporate ID’s, sales tax, etc..)
- Prepare and file annual registration forms
- Prepare documents for additional state registration, when applicable
- Assist in preparing required documentation for audits
- Assist in preparing required documentation for Local Union audits
- Enter and / or scan old documents as received from storage
- Scan old on-site documents and files
- Report every known failure of Quality System as Process Review
In addition to working with a passionate and thriving team, this opportunity offers an hourly pay range of $30-40/hr. paid weekly and benefit eligibility upon conversion!
How to apply:
For immediate consideration, apply today!
About our search firm:
Scion Staffing is a national award-winning staffing firm! Since 2006, we have had the pleasure of successfully placing thousands of talented professionals with amazing career opportunities. Through our innovative team building and recruiting solutions, we bridge the gap in executive leadership searches, direct hire recruiting, interim leadership placement and temporary professional staffing. Our track record and recruitment process has made us one of the top recruitment firms in the nation.
We are proud to be part of the Forbes lists of the Best Recruitment Firms and the Best Executive Search Firms in America. Additionally, Scion has been recognized as a ClearlyRated Best of Staffing firm as well as a top recruitment firm by The Business Times. Additional information about us can also be found at www.scionstaffing.com. Scion Staffing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and the candidates we represent.
For opportunities located in a region that has enacted fair chance, arrest, or conviction-based employment ordinances, Scion Staffing proactively follows the enacted guidance and considers for employment all qualified applications with arrest and conviction records. We engage in socially conscious business practices and believe that diverse, equitable, inclusive, and non-biased talent and recruitment processes are foundational to the success of Scion as well as every client organization with whom we partner.
- Experience reviewing and processing Business licenses and certificates of insurance
- A working knowledge and understanding of small business accounting practices and procedures, tax preparation, and bookkeeping
- Ability to ensure accounting activities are following company policy, state, federal and local requirements
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and accuracy with data entry/analysis skills
- Microsoft Suite and standard communication platforms experience
This job has now been filled, visit our search page for more jobs like this.