Scion Nonprofit Staffing
has been engaged to conduct a high priority search for a Family Coach
for our client, a nonprofit that strives to reunite children in the foster care system with their familes in the SE and Central Ohio region.
This is a wonderful opportunity to be part of an impactful and professional growing nonprofit that works with social services and child welfare. This is a direct hire, full-time opportunity!
The Family Coach will provide guidance and coaching support for a team of family specialists and supervisors to ensure efficient operations of the program across Ohio, providing technical assistance when needed. The Family Coach will be responsible for overseeing a truly vigorous search for family members and apply a strength-based approach to engagement. This is a hybrid position requiring occasional travel throughout Central and Southeast Ohio area.
What You’ll Be Doing
What You Need to Be Successful
- Coach Family Specialists and Supervisors in designated counties and partner sites on program model and best practice strategies.
- Articulate benchmarks and provide guidance for supervisors and specialists.
- Provide regular check-ins and constant communication among team members to cultivate a team-oriented and supportive environment.
- Utilize technology to ensure that all electronic and paper files are properly maintained.
- Identify, develop, and facilitate training to Specialists, Supervisors, and stakeholders as needed.
- Provide technical assistance on the intake and referral process for prospective families.
- Conduct program reviews for specialists, including reviewing various tools and software.
- Accompany specialists to home visits, meetings, and hearings when needed.
- Direct experience in the child welfare sector with knowledge of foster care and adoption.
- Supervisory experience and maturity to work independently.
- Flexibility with work hours to meet the needs of children and families.
- Ability to think outside of the box to creatively approach obstacles.
- Experience with conflict resolution, negotiation, and team facilitation.
- Strong desire to contribute and make a positive impact on children in the foster care system.
- Adaptability, a high level of organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Superior time management skills with a proven ability to manage programs and various high-priority deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to display understanding and empathy, including the ability to be tactful and professional in sensitive situations.
- Cultural awareness and ability to identify unique needs specific to various diverse populations.
- Available to work a flexible schedule, which may include working nights and weekends.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office. Experience with Genopro is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, counseling, psychology, drug and alcohol education or criminology preferred.
- Licensed social worker preferred.
- Possess a valid driver's license and dependable transportation.
In addition to working for an organization with a phenomenal mission, this opportunity offers a salary of $52,000 - $56,000/yr. DOE plus a full and robust benefits package including health, dental, vision, retirement with a 3% employer match, and a generous amount of paid time off plus an additional 8 floating holidays!
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume and more information about your candidacy and interest. Apply today!
About Our Search Firm
Scion Nonprofit Staffing is an award-winning national nonprofit recruitment and staffing specialist for nonprofit organizations, foundations, associations, and educational institutions! Since 2006, we have had the pleasure of successfully placing thousands of talented professionals supporting incredible missions and programs. Through our innovative team building and recruiting solutions, we bridge the gap in executive leadership searches, direct hire nonprofit recruiting, interim leadership placement and temporary professional staffing.
We are proud to be part of the Forbes
lists of the Best Recruitment Firms in America and
the Best Executive Search Firms in America. Additionally, Scion has been recognized as a ClearlyRated
Best of Staffing firm as well as a top recruitment firm by The Business Times
for over ten years running!
More information about us can be found at www.scionnonprofitstaffing.com
Scion Nonprofit, a division of Scion Staffing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent. For opportunities located in a region that have enacted fair chance, arrest or conviction-based employment ordinances, Scion Nonprofit proactively follows the enacted guidance and considers for employment all qualified
applications with arrest and conviction records. We believe in following best practices and considering all qualified applicants that apply with us and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent.