RN Case Manager
||Grand Rapids, , MI 49503
||June 27, 2023
Scion Medical Staffing has been engaged to conduct a high priority search for an RN Case Manager for our client, an impactful well-established hospice located in Grand Rapids, MI! This is a direct-hire, full-time opportunity that can be started immediately!
The RN Case Manager provides individualized care for each patient, family, and caregiver by coordinating different members of the Interdisciplinary Team and overseeing the big picture of patient care. They conduct assessments, create, and assess treatment plans, and develop interventions to meet needs. They provide education on symptom management, disease processes, and the hospice philosophy. The RN Case Manager demonstrates excellent communication with the team and coordinates with different disciplines to meet patient, family, and caregiver goals.
- Provides initial and ongoing assessments of physical, psychological, social, and spiritual needs of the patient/family/primary caregiver and initiates appropriate intervention or referral.
- Coordinates patient care, regularly reviews and updates interdisciplinary care plans, communicates with the team, and submits the required documentation in a timely manner.
- Actively assists in coordination and planning alongside patient’s Interdisciplinary Team meetings by reporting patient changes, discussing patient needs, and collaborating on the plan of care.
- Assists with providing bereavement counseling to the family and/or primary care giver as determined by the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Provides skilled nursing care, such as wound dressings, IVs, blood draws, and catheter insertion and care as directed by physician order and in line with patient’s goals of care
- Actively engages and communicates with the patient’s Primary Care Physician as well as Hospice Medical providers to coordinate patient’s plan of care to ensure exemplary end-of-life care.
- Educates patient, family, and caregivers about disease, signs and symptoms of dying, symptom management and medication management.
- Assesses, monitors, and collaborates with the patient’s Primary Care Physician on medications and treatments.
- Evaluates, orders, and oversees medication, medical supplies and durable medical equipment ordering to meet patient and organizational needs.
- Regularly evaluates services provided by the Hospice Aide according to regulatory guidelines including periodic on-site supervisory visits.
- Reinforces the work of other members of the Interdisciplinary Team, including assisting Hospice Aide team by providing personal care when needed.
- Provides urgent need visits as requested by patient, family, caregiver, or other staff member.
- Performs visits at patient time of death, including pronouncing patient’s time of death, delivering post-mortem care, and providing emotional and spiritual support to family or caregivers present.
- Maintains compliance with Hospice policies and procedures, as well as Federal, State, and local laws and regulations.
- Participates in providing education to interdisciplinary team members regarding discipline-specific aspects of patient/family care.
No nights or weekends! Part of clinical team that delivers clinical services 24 hours/day, 7 days/week. This includes a rotation of holiday, on call, and extended care shifts. Works in a variety of environments, including patient homes.
- Valid Registered Nurse license in the State of Michigan.
- BSN or master’s degree preferred. Associate degree/diploma required.
- 2 years of nursing experience required, 1 year of experience in acute care unit or hospice experience preferred.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records required.
COMPENSATION & CAREER BENEFITS:
This career opportunity offers the opportunity to work at a wonderful industry leading organization and provides a yearly salary of $90-$95K, depending on experience. A robust benefits package is also offered and includes medical, dental, vision & voluntary life insurance as well as an option for HSA, FSA, employment assistance program and 403(B) retirement savings plan. This Is a wonderful opportunity to work as a part of a terrific team and have a !
HOW TO APPLY:
For immediate consideration please provide your resume, sharing more about your experience and interest in this role today!
ABOUT OUR SEARCH FIRM:
Scion Medical Staffing is a leading national medical recruiting and healthcare staffing agency. We connect leading hospitals, clinics, organizations, and medical offices with dependable talent throughout the United States. Since 2006, we have had the pleasure of successfully connecting thousands of talented professionals with incredible mission-driven organizations! Through our innovative team building and recruiting solutions, we bridge the gap in executive leadership searches, direct-hire medical recruiting, interim leadership placement and temporary professional staffing.
We are proud to be part of the Forbes lists of the Best Recruitment Firms and the Best Executive Search Firms in America. Additionally, Scion has been recognized as a ClearlyRated Best of Staffing firm as well as a top recruitment firm by The Business Times. Additional information about our firm and our practices can be found online. Scion Medical is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and the candidates we represent.
For opportunities located in a region that has enacted fair chance, arrest, or conviction-based employment ordinances, Scion Medical proactively follows the enacted guidance and considers for employment all qualified applications with arrest and conviction records. We engage in socially conscious business practices and believe that diverse, equitable, inclusive, and non-biased talent and recruitment processes are foundational to the success of Scion as well as every client organization with whom we partner.
This job has now been filled, visit our search page for more jobs like this.