||Houston, TX 77002
||June 20, 2023
Scion Nonprofit is searching for an Facilities Manager on behalf of an impactful faith-based social services nonprofit located in Houston, TX! This is a wonderful full-time, onsite, temporary position with the opportunity to join a mission-driven team!
- Immediate hire opportunity!
- Full-time Monday through Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm schedule!
- Hourly pay rate of $47-54/hr. (depending on experience)!
- Manage all aspects of safety and security of the organization’s staff, facilities, and property to include managing required inspections, overseeing drills and other safety activities, and serving on the Incident Response Team during weather and other critical events.
- Manage facility/building operations to ensure that buildings and grounds are clean, safe, well maintained, inviting, and well-appointed to support our work.
- Recommend and support planning and execution of facility improvements, including capital projects.
- Manage technology operations and vendor relationships, ensuring that technology is well positioned to support the organization’s needs.
- Oversee building administration including general administrative operations, operations procurement process, and data management/reporting.
- Manage Operations team and administration staff, ensuring excellent client service and uninterrupted coverage.
- Ensure sound financial practices are followed, including supporting development and management of department budget.
- Oversee building logistics for internal and external events with a focus on excellent service and promoting strong community partnerships. Provide additional support for high profile and after-hours events as needed.
- Respond to urgent issues related to operational responsibilities and participate in the on-call schedule.
- Identify opportunities for, develop, and implement new policies, processes, and procedures with the goal of continuous improvement, environmental sustainability and reducing operating costs.
- Assist the Director of Operations with Operations strategic planning.
- Build a strong culture of accountability, respect, teamwork, stewardship, and focus on quantifiable results.
- Proactively seek opportunities to coach, develop, and provide both affirming and adjusting feedback to Operations team members.
- Develop productive, trusting relationships with peer managers in all departments of the organization and lead cross-functional working groups to tackle operational issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, facilities or project management, or related field.
- Demonstrated experience in operations, logistics, hospitality, project management, or a combination.
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing a team.
- Experience in operational planning and budget management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work in a team environment and multicultural setting and adapt to change.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills and able to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously.
- Self-directed, requiring minimal supervision to meet goals and deadlines.
- Genuine commitment to the mission of the organization.
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and automobile liability insurance.
In addition to working with a passionate and thriving team, this opportunity offers an hourly pay range of $44- 57/hr. (paid weekly) depending on experience!
HOW TO APPLY:
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume and more information about your background!
ABOUT OUR SEARCH FIRM:
Scion Nonprofit Staffing is an award-winning national nonprofit recruitment and staffing specialist for nonprofit organizations, foundations, associations, and educational institutions! Since 2006, we have had the pleasure of successfully placing thousands of talented professionals supporting incredible missions and programs. Through our innovative team building and recruiting solutions, we bridge the gap in executive leadership searches, direct hire nonprofit recruiting, interim leadership placement and temporary professional staffing.
We are proud to be part of the Forbes lists of the Best Recruitment Firms in America and the Best Executive Search Firms in America. Additionally, Scion has been recognized as a ClearlyRated Best of Staffing firm as well as a top recruitment firm by The Business Times for over ten years running! More information about us can be found at http://www.scionnonprofitstaffing.com.
Scion Nonprofit, a division of Scion Staffing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent. For opportunities located in a region that have enacted fair chance, arrest or conviction-based employment ordinances, Scion Nonprofit proactively follows the enacted guidance and considers for employment all qualified applications with arrest and conviction records. We believe in following best practices and considering all qualified applicants that apply with us.
This job has now been filled, visit our search page for more jobs like this.