Scion Nonprofit Staffing has been engaged to conduct an immediate search for a Development Manager (Individual Giving and Major Gifts) for our client, a non-profit, in a suburb of Baltimore, MD! In this role the Development Manager will work closely with a Foundation Director to solicit, cultivate, and steward individual and annual donors at the major gift level. This is a full-time, direct hire position for immediate hire, with the ability to work remotely 2-3 days per week. If you are a Development Manager or Major Gifts Officer that is looking to join an organization that is centered around a specialized medical community, apply today!
This position with our client requires employees to report to work at a physical location. As a cautionary measure, our client is asking all employees to be fully vaccinated including booster by the date of hire. If an eligible candidate is unable to get the COVID-19 vaccine due to a religious, medical, or disability-related reason the client will make available appropriate reasonable accommodations.
- Hybrid schedule of 2-3 days per week in office and free on-site parking
- A robust package of compensation, benefits and other perks including health, vision and dental insurance, PTO, paid holidays, 403(b), life/disability insurance, on-site fitness center, and more
- Chance to be a part of an organization that supports a niche medical community and an important mission
What You’ll Do:
- Manage Foundation individual major giving programs and major gifts prospect pipeline development
- Work closely with the EVP and Director and support the growth of revenue generating programs and work closely with the program leaders, executive leaders, and Board members to lead a comprehensive individual giving program, expanding the number of donors, growing a portfolio of donors capable of making five to six-figure gifts, and working with program staff to identify fundable opportunities
- Manage a portfolio of 100-125 + prospects and current donors, executing annual plans to cultivate, solicit, steward, and increase revenue
- Identify, steward and cultivate existing database of over 30,000+ constituents increasing public/non-member giving
- Achieve monthly goals for prospect and donor visits; prepare visit reports and follow up correspondence; use database to record all moves and activities with prospects and donors.
- Cultivate existing individual donors and encourage renewal, retention and increased donor support
- Participate in planning and staffing specific fundraising events
- Provide regular reporting of the Major Gifts program to leadership and Foundation Board. Write detailed contact reports after each donor visit, and submit to the Director of Development
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years’ experience in a business development or nonprofit fundraising role
- Have a proven track record of achieving revenue targets of over $1-3 million annually through a major gifts program or other fundraising campaigns
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with Personify/TMSS or similar database a plus
Compensation and Benefits:
This exciting career opportunity allows you to work with a passionate and thriving team! The compensation includes an annual salary of $90,000 plus benefits such as health, vision and dental insurance, PTO, paid holidays, 403(b), life/disability insurance, on-site fitness center, and more! This is a wonderful opportunity to work as a part of a terrific team!
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume and more information about your candidacy and interest. Apply today!
About Our Search Firm:
Scion Nonprofit Staffing is an award-winning national nonprofit recruitment and staffing specialist for nonprofit organizations, foundations, associations, and educational institutions! Since 2006, we have had the pleasure of successfully placing thousands of talented professionals supporting incredible missions and programs. Through our innovative team building and recruiting solutions, we bridge the gap in executive leadership searches, direct hire nonprofit recruiting, interim leadership placement and temporary professional staffing.
We are proud to be part of the Forbes lists of the Best Recruitment Firms in America and the Best Executive Search Firms in America. Additionally, Scion has been recognized as a ClearlyRated Best of Staffing firm as well as a top recruitment firm by The Business Times for over ten years running! More information about us can be found at www.scionnonprofitstaffing.com.
Scion Nonprofit, a division of Scion Staffing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent. For opportunities located in a region that have enacted fair chance, arrest or conviction-based employment ordinances, Scion Nonprofit proactively follows the enacted guidance and considers for employment all qualified applications with arrest and conviction records. We believe in following best practices and considering all qualified applicants that apply with us!