Scion Nonprofit Staffing
has been engaged to conduct an immediate search for a hybrid Nonprofit Executive Assistant
for our client, an impactful global nonprofit providing resources and support to underserved communities! This position is based in New York City
and is for immediate hire. This direct-hire role offers a wonderful opportunity to support a mission-based organization!
The Executive Assistant will work to support the President and CEO. This role serves as the primary point of contact for internal stakeholders around the globe, as well as serving as an extension of the CEO and Board through transparent communication.
- Handling Finance Committee logistics and compiling and distributing committee meeting packet with materials provided by CFO.
- Handling logistics for Program Committee meeting, sending invite, tracking attendance.
- Possible support as needed for Board retreat
- Admin work for CEO
- Preparing expense reports
- Managing requests for approvals/signatures
(re)scheduling appointments as needed
- Troubleshooting IT issues as needed
- Sharing CEO-created documents with colleagues in SharePoint for feedback
- Working with Governance Committee chair and CEO to compose agenda and meeting materials for board meetings, distribute materials, and take minutes
Board meeting coordination for board meetings including:
- Tracking collection of needed materials (there is a master list, with deadlines)
- Adapting materials to fit brand guidelines
- Organizing materials within existing Board book template/format
- Collating full packet of materials including creating table of contents, creating tabs/links to documents
- Tracking board attendance
- Organizing catering for lunch and breakfast
- In person meeting support in collaboration with IT staff.
- Other board related work (all via Zoom)
- Experience providing administrative support to an executive, preferably from a nonprofit organization
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills including keen attention to detail with ability to track multiple projects at one time
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to interact with individuals from diverse backgrounds and to handle confidential matters with discretion and judgment
- Experience liaising with Board members, coordinating related meetings, and taking minutes.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, partner organizations, donors, and the general public
- Ability to synthesize complex and sensitive material and record information accurately and appropriately
- Excellent computer literacy including hands-on knowledge of database, spreadsheet, presentation and word processing software, and ability to navigate and use the Internet effectively
- Collaborative, flexible and solution oriented
- Demonstrable respect for all persons regardless of religion, ethnicity, class or gender, with a high comfort level working in a diverse environment with a demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards
In addition to working for an international nonprofit organization with a phenomenal mission and positive team-oriented work environment, this opportunity offers a salary of $85K - $95K/yr in addition to full benefits.
This position with our partner requires employees to report to work at a physical location. As a cautionary measure, our partner is asking all employees to be fully vaccinated by the date of hire, as wear a mask within the office. If an eligible candidate is unable to get the COVID-19 vaccine due to a religious, medical, or disability-related reason the client will make available appropriate reasonable accommodations.
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, please apply today here!
About Our Firm:
Scion Nonprofit Staffing is an award-winning national nonprofit recruitment and staffing specialist for nonprofit organizations, foundations, associations, and educational institutions! Since 2006, we have had the pleasure of successfully connecting thousands of talented professionals with incredible, mission-driving organizations across the country. Through our innovative team building and recruiting solutions, we bridge the gap in executive leadership searches, direct hire nonprofit recruiting, interim leadership placement, and temporary professional staffing.
Named an Inc. 5000 Top Fastest-Growing Private Company in America, we are proud to also be part of the Forbes lists of the Best Recruitment Firms and the Best Executive Search Firm in America, recognized as a ClearlyRated Best of Staffing firm, and identified as a top recruitment firm by The Business Times! Additional information about Scion Nonprofit can be found online.
Scion Nonprofit, a division of Scion Staffing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent. For opportunities located in a region that have enacted fair chance, arrest or conviction-based employment ordinances, Scion Nonprofit proactively follows the enacted guidance and considers for employment all qualified applications with arrest and conviction records. We believe in following best practices and considering all qualified applicants.