Medical Billing & Scheduling Specialist
||Munster, IN 46321
||May 30, 2023
||Contract To Hire
|Scion Staffing has been engaged to conduct a search for a Medical Billing Specialist for immediate hire for our client, a wonderful multi-specialty surgical center focused on providing quality care to patients and their families. This is a full-time contract opportunity located in Munster, IN!
As the Medical Billing Specialist, you will utilize your high attention to detail and organizational skills to ensure accuracy of data entry of daily charges, generate electronic and paper insurance claims, patient statements and performs collection of outstanding insurance or patient balances!
- Immediate temporary opportunity, with the possibility to convert and/or extend!
- Full time work hours M - F!
- Opportunity to grow within the medical space!
- Gain experience while a part of a supportive and close-knit team!
- Hourly pay rate of $25 - $28/hr!
- Monitors receipt of daily coding and performs charge entry ensuring accuracy of charges entered, modifier usage, implant coding and timeliness of filing insurance claims both on paper and electronic.
- Monitor and addresses all electronic scrubbing errors to ensure claims get to the payer timely.
- Initiates follow-up phone calls on accounts with an outstanding balance.
- Maintains standards to ensure systematic, consistent, and timely collection follow-up.
- Initiates follow-up on accounts with outstanding balances that do not have appropriate payment arrangements.
- Works the Aged Trial Balance report daily and ensures every outstanding account is worked a minimum of every 30 days.
- Record detailed notes regarding patient’s accounts
- Prepares appointment schedule and Surgery Schedule for review by the Operating Room Supervisor so that adjustments may be made as required.
- Schedules appointments and procedures according to policies on nursing and anesthesia staff availability, patient needs and physician’s block time.
- Coordinates surgical preoperative appointment schedule with clinical preoperative activates.
Considers priorities and special needs when scheduling preoperative appointments and surgical procedures.
- Maintains schedule according to procedure and physician’s time and staffing requirements.
- Coordinates schedule assessing time and equipment availability; identifies conflicts and adjusts schedule as needed.
- At times, open and distribute mail according as well as prepare bank deposits according to Facility policy.
- Coordinates obtaining diagnostic tests and places diagnostic test reports in appropriate section of patient medical record.
- Act as liaison between patient, physician office, and insurance company to assist patients with regards to financial responsibility.
- Notify all scheduled patients of their financial responsibility prior to their date of service.
- Verify patient insurance eligibility and benefits using technology tools, the telephone, and the internet to ensure compliance with the facilities policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with insurance providers and the physician office to obtain pre-authorizations. Document the authorizations in the system patient accounts.
- Obtain information for medical necessity determination and coordinate with the physician office if additional information is needed.
- Communicate with patients to obtain any missing information necessary to achieve financial clearance.
- Perform Benefit verifications on all new patients.
- Obtains and verifies patient demographic and financial information
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- 2 years medical billing/collections experience
- Experience in surgical facility preferred
- Positive can-do attitude!
- Proficiency with MS Office Suites including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
This exciting career opportunity allows you to work with a brilliant and thriving team! The pay range for this role is $25 - $28 per hour and it is a wonderful opportunity to further develop your career.
HOW TO APPLY:
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume and more information about your background! Apply today to be considered for this amazing career opportunity with an incredible organization!
ABOUT OUR SEARCH FIRM:
Scion Staffing is a national award-winning staffing firm! Since 2006, we have had the pleasure of successfully placing thousands of talented professionals with amazing career opportunities. Through our innovative team building and recruiting solutions, we bridge the gap in executive leadership searches, direct hire recruiting, interim leadership placement and temporary professional staffing. Our track record and recruitment process has made us one of the top recruitment firms in the nation.
We are proud to be part of the Forbes lists of the Best Recruitment Firms and the Best Executive Search Firms in America. Additionally, Scion has been recognized as a Clearly Rated Best of Staffing firm as well as a top recruitment firm by The Business Times. Additional information about us can also be found at www.scionnonprofitstaffing.com. Scion Nonprofit Staffing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent. For opportunities located in a region that have enacted fair chance, arrest or conviction-based employment ordinances, Scion Nonprofit Staffing proactively follows the enacted guidance and considers for employment all qualified applications with arrest and conviction records. We believe in following best practices and considering all qualified applicants that apply with us.
This job has now been filled, visit our search page for more jobs like this.