Meeting & Events Assistant (Remote Local)
||Chicago, IL 0
||March 21, 2023
|Scion Nonprofit Staffing is searching for a Meeting & Events Assistant on behalf of an impactful international professional organization in the Chicagoland area! This is a contract opportunity offering supplemental health, dental and vision benefits and a full-time remote work schedule!
- Immediate contract employment opportunity!
- Fully remote 35-hour work schedule!
- $25-$28 hourly pay and supplemental benefits/health coverage!
- The opportunity to make a difference in the nonprofit space!
- Serve as the primary liaison to venues, vendors and contractors.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with various suppliers, including hotels, general service contractors, audio-visual companies, convention bureaus, and transportation companies.
- Serve as the department representative with other organizational departments.
- In collaboration with the Director, Meetings and Events; manage the RFP process for assigned event locations and services. Includes preparing RFPs, reviewing proposals and negotiating contracts while adhering to policies and minimizing risk to the organization. Conduct site inspections and planning visits.
- Manage all logistics related to assigned meetings and events. Provide input on project plans, conducting regular checkpoints and providing regular updates. Coordinate rooming lists and pick up/tracking reports for assigned meetings and perform housing audits. Responsible for event shipments, coordinating with org departments, vendors and venues. Responsible for onsite staffing contract and coordinating assignments with internal staff.
- Create and implement staffing schedules.
- Assist with virtual platform and event app responsibilities as needed.
- In collaboration with MarCom, coordinate event related webpages (travel, networking activities, CSR activities etc) for assigned events.
- Coordinate CSR activities in association with assigned events.
- Print and compile badges for assigned events.
- Responsible for order registration supplies for assigned events.
- Assist with exhibit and sponsorship activities as needed to ensure deliverables are met to exhibitor and sponsor satisfaction.
- Assist with budget recommendations, expense management, and financial reconciliation.
- Support the creation and maintenance of department SOPs.
- Membership and participation in industry association(s).
- Onsite event management as needed.
COMPENSATION & CAREER BENEFITS:
- 3+ years of experience in meeting planning including preparation of RFPs, negotiating and contracting, hotel selections, logistical planning, food and beverage and on-site management. Non-profit/association experience required.
- Experience with hybrid and virtual events.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, hospitality management, or equivalent events experience.
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) is a plus!
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of policy and ability to apply that to unique situations.
- Demonstrated project management skills and fiscal responsibility for multiple events.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt quickly to a constantly changing working environment.
- Ability to make objective decisions using sound judgment.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and multitasking skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and multi-task.
- Proactive and effective communicator across all levels and disciplines.
- Proactive thinking and recommending changes for continuous improvement.
- Willingness to work extended hours during high periods to meet deadlines.
This opportunity offers a starting pay rate of $25-$28 per hour, paid on a weekly basis plus remote schedule and benefits. Benefits include supplemental medical, dental and vision coverage during the assignment period!
HOW TO APPLY:
For immediate consideration, please apply today!
ABOUT OUR SEARCH FIRM:
Scion Nonprofit Staffing is an award-winning national nonprofit recruitment and staffing specialist for nonprofit organizations, foundations, associations, and educational institutions! Since 2006, we have had the pleasure of successfully placing thousands of talented professionals supporting incredible missions and programs. Through our innovative team building and recruiting solutions, we bridge the gap in executive leadership searches, direct hire nonprofit recruiting, interim leadership placement, and temporary professional staffing.
We are proud to be part of the Forbes list of the Best Recruitment Firms and the Best Executive Search Firms in America. Additionally, Scion has been recognized as a Clearly Rated Best of Staffing firm as well as a top recruitment firm by The Business Times. Additional information about our firm and our practices can be found online. Scion Nonprofit Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and the candidates we represent.
For opportunities located in a region that has enacted fair chance, arrest, or conviction-based employment ordinances, Scion Nonprofit Staffing proactively follows the enacted guidance and considers for employment all qualified applications with arrest and conviction records. We engage in socially conscious business practices and believe that diverse, equitable, inclusive, and non-biased talent and recruitment processes are foundational to the success of Scion as well as every client organization with whom we partner.
This job has now been filled, visit our search page for more jobs like this.