|Austin, TX 78751
|May 01, 2023
Scion Executive Search (SES) has been retained to conduct a search for an Executive Director on behalf of our remarkable client, Austin Child Guidance Center, a nonprofit organization offering accessible, high-quality mental health services to children and their families. The incoming Executive Director will lead this compassionate, community-driven movement for the future of children in the Greater Austin and Central Texas Community!
ABOUT AUSTIN CHILD GUIDANCE CENTER:
Austin Child Guidance Center (ACGC) is dedicated to empowering and advocating for children ages 0–17 who are struggling mentally and emotionally or who have experienced traumatic events. This amazing organization provides evidence-based mental health services to children and their families, enabling them to flourish in childhood and beyond. Helping hundreds of families each year, ACGC has impacted the lives of thousands of children and families in its more than 70-year history.
ACGC’s comprehensive variety of services includes individual and family therapy, group therapy, psychological assessments, psychiatric evaluation and medication management, caregiver workshops, family resource navigation, and walk-in clinic hours. All clinical services are offered in English and Spanish. ACGC was one of the first agencies in Central Texas to become trauma-informed; every client intake includes a universal trauma screening meeting the principal tenants of safety, trustworthiness, collaboration, choice, empowerment, and cultural inclusivity. You can learn more about ACGC’s mental health services at https://www.austinchildguidance.org/.
ACGC is seeking a magnetic, strategic, and dynamic individual dedicated to carrying out its mission of making high-quality, accessible mental health care for children and their families. This person will be an experienced servant-leader who possesses a high level of emotional intelligence, diplomacy, and relationship-building skills, enabling them to candidly and approachably engage with community partners, stakeholders, board, and staff. The Executive Director will bring a demonstrated ability to balance and prioritize strategic goals and organizational needs while mitigating potential losses or risks, all while remaining client centered.
Reporting to the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will manage ACGC’s executive leadership teams as well as its operational and financial compliance and management. Acting as a financial steward for ACGC, the Executive Director – along with the CFO – will work with stakeholders to generate revenue from current funding resources and diversify into new funding streams. The Executive Director will also provide clear and firm leadership to ensure that the organization maintains proper operational controls, compliance, policies and procedures, and people systems to ensure operating efficiency. Bringing a variety of attributes, knowledge, and expertise, including exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with an open and warm demeanor, the right candidate will be comfortable leading an established organization through change and growth and has experience promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in their leadership of people and organizations.
- Ensure that ACGC provides evidence-based clinical care according to industry best practices for the children of greater Austin that can benefit from the services available at ACGC, regardless of barriers to access.
- Direct the leadership team’s efforts to promote an organizational culture of collaboration; open and frequent communication; adaptation; alignment with mission, vision, and core values; and celebration of success in achieving specific projects and broader organizational objectives.
- Develop, train, support, and empower an effective team, building strong morale and collaboration between staff members and volunteers through managerial compassion, courage, and integrity.
- Foster a climate that attracts, retains, and motivates a diverse group of capable professionals. Maintain healthy and productive relationships in a transparent, respectful, ethical, and honest manner.
- Oversee the development of a successful funding strategy, work closely with the board and development team to steward existing supporters, and increase current levels of giving while identifying new funding sources.
- Guarantee that ACGC applies sound financial and administrative practices through effective fiscal management.
- In collaboration with the Board of Directors, guide the staff to develop, implement, and execute the goals and objectives of a clear and compelling strategic plan, utilizing quantifiable results to continue providing quality services.
- Develop and implement annual organizational goals as outlined in the strategic plan. Ensure effective systems to track progress, evaluate the success of organizational goals, and communicate results to the Board, funders, and other stakeholders.
- Assure compliance with all state and federal laws in the arenas of mental health care, finance, human relations, and management of a non-profit organization.
- Raise ACGC’s profile by serving as its primary spokesperson, actively and effectively representing the organization to partners, funders, providers, and the public to fortify confidence and trust within the community. Serve as a thought leader in the field of children’s mental health.
- Build powerful and impactful individual, foundation, corporate, and government partnerships for the organization. Initiate communications with other organizations, individuals, and the public to increase awareness and connect others to ACGC’s mission.
- Position ACGC as a source for data, policy direction, and overall advancement in children’s mental health. Maintain knowledge of emerging developments and directions in the field of children’s mental health.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
In addition to a competitive base salary of $130,000 - $150,000, ACGC offers a benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Life insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, and acknowledges 15 days of paid holidays, 15 days of PTO in the first year, 12 days of sick leave, and Family Leave. This is an at-will, full-time, and hybrid position.
APPLICATIONS AND NOMINATIONS:
Austin Child Guidance Center has retained the services of Scion Executive Search, a national executive search firm specializing in mission-driven organization recruitment, to assist in conducting this important search. For immediate consideration, please apply with your resume and cover letter, formatted in Microsoft Word, via https://scionexecutivesearch.com/job/9772/.
Please address applications to:
- Master’s degree in business, nonprofit administration, psychology, social work, healthcare administration, public administration, public health or a related field required.
- 10+ years of strong, progressively evolving management and team leadership experience developing high performing teams. Experience with nonprofit or healthcare settings a plus.
- Knowledge of mental health responsibilities, best practices for policies, procedures, and trauma-informed organizational practices.
- Demonstrate awareness of and respect for all populations ACGC serves, including but not limited to income sensitive households, LGBTQ+, people of diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds, survivors of crime and/or trauma, persons with disabilities, and persons with limited English proficiency.
- Excellent organizational skills and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Innovative, creative, and curious nature.
- Strong business acumen, with a firm grasp of finance and development functions.
- Understanding of the Austin nonprofit landscape and culture a plus.
- Talent for managing and effectively executing a heavy workload. Strength with evaluating, balancing, and prioritizing numerous significant responsibilities and challenges against concurrent and competing priorities both internal and external to the organization.
- Ability to handle and respond as required to sensitive and confidential matters with understanding of the specific legal protections of the mental health care process and records.
Ex Hopson, Executive Recruiter
Scion Executive Search
(888) 487-8850 Extension 142
Review of applications, nominations, and expressions of interest will begin immediately and continue on a confidential basis until an appointment is made.
ABOUT OUR FIRM:
Scion Executive Search is an award-winning, retained executive search firm! Through innovative team building and recruitment solutions, Scion Executive Search seamlessly bridges the gap in interim and executive searches. Our track record and recruitment process have made us one of the top recruitment firms in the nation.
We are proud to be part of the Forbes lists of the Best Recruitment Firms and the Best Executive Search Firms in America. Additionally, Scion has been recognized as a ClearlyRated Best of Staffing firm as well as a top recruitment firm by The Business Times. Additional information about our firm and our practices can be found online.
Scion Executive Search is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and the candidates we represent.
For opportunities located in a region that has enacted fair chance, arrest, or conviction-based employment ordinances, Scion Executive Search proactively follows the enacted guidance and considers for employment all qualified applications with arrest and conviction records. We engage in socially conscious business practices and believe that diverse, equitable, inclusive, and non-biased talent and recruitment processes are foundational to the success of Scion as well as every client organization with whom we partner.
This job has now been filled, visit our search page for more jobs like this.